What You Need to Know About N2K’s Processes and Business Continuity as Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread, we are working actively to instill confidence and provide transparency to current clients, training participants, partners, and prospective customers on N2K’s plans to ensure safety while minimizing or negating any service disruption.
First and foremost, we care deeply about the physical well-being of all of our customers, partners, and team members as well as the population at large. We will continue to monitor the CDC & WHO websites for updates and prevention recommendations and take the necessary precautions and actions.
As of this moment, these proactive measures include:
- Immediately freezing all non-essential international and domestic travel for N2K team members including our training instructors
- Suspending all supplementary onsite training delivery
- Encouraging N2K team members to utilize available sick leave policies when experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms
- Supporting management approval for work-from-home flexibility
- Withdrawal from destination tradeshows or industry events
Business Continuity Updates
Fortunately, these precautions do not negatively impact N2K delivery. The vast majority of N2K solutions are available on-demand or through a live online virtual environment via our platform. N2K instructors are also equipped with in-home classroom environments in order to be able to deliver instruction from within the safety of their respective homes. Likewise, behind-the-scenes teaching assistants can easily access their workstations remotely.
Still, through further proactive measures in planning around the human element of our delivery, we have extended our business continuity plan to include the following:
- Prepare a pipeline of credentialed instructors and teaching assistants to act in substitution should the assigned N2K team member be unable to participate.
- Provide N2K’s extensive library of course recordings and on-demand content for all modalities as backup delivery should an issue with a live online delivery occur.
As of the writing of this statement, these updates are in place and are ready to be utilized should the need arise.
Thank You and Stay Safe
We would like to thank all of our current customers and training participants for trusting N2K in the delivery of your workforce solutions and look forward to helping you and your organizations to achieve your goals despite these unforeseen circumstances. To prospective customers, we welcome the opportunity to be your cybersecurity workforce development provider.