Online Training Course
Build your team’s foundational cybersecurity skills and certify their accomplishments with training for the Security+ certification. Looking to purchase training for yourself? View our individual Training Course.
As an Authorized Partner to CompTIA, CyberVista’s Security+ Training Course enables practitioners to participate, learn, and partner with other professionals as they prepare to earn the Security+ certification. Our courses train for the latest version of the Security+ exam, referred to as the SY0-601 or “601” exam.
Our 100% online format makes it easier for your workforce to accommodate training. Courses are available either live online, with weekly live instruction over six consecutive weeks, or video on-demand. Both modalities include six months of access to all learning tools and materials in our proprietary LMS. Private classes are available.
According to CompTIA, it is recommended to have experience in IT or computer networking, basic knowledge of security concepts, and hands-on skills with common security controls. However, there are no formal prerequisites.
Equivalent courses to the Security+ include CyberVista’s Critical Knowledge and GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC).
Recommended subsequent certifications to pursue following Security+ are CompTIA’s CySA+ or PenTest+. For individuals ready for more technical, role-based training, CyberVista offers a Critical Knowledge: SOC Analyst course for entry-level infosec professionals.
Who should earn the Security+?
The Security+ is an entry-level certification equivalent to 2 years of hands-on experience in a security or systems admin role. Individuals in the following roles are excellent candidates for this certification.
- Systems or Network Administrators who assess the security posture of enterprise networks and implement appropriate security solutions
- Security Analysts who monitor and secure hybrid environments
- DevOps or Software Developers who need to ensure secure development and deployment of enterprise systems
- New or transitioning cybersecurity practitioners who need to develop fundamental cybersecurity skills
Benefits of Training
There are a great number of benefits to achieving the Security+ certification, but a few highlights include:
- Validate baseline cybersecurity skills across a wide range of topic areas
- Applicable to multiple job roles
- DoDD 8140/8570 Approved for IAT Level I and IAM Level II
As a true foundational curriculum, the Security+ spans five major domains within cybersecurity. This course provides training for all domains. Click on the sections below to see the expanded topic areas within each domain.
Domain 1: Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
Overview of types of attacks, threat actor types and attributes, pen-testing concepts, and types of vulnerabilities.
- 1.1 Compare and contrast different types of social engineering techniques
- 1.2. Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators to determine the type of attack
- 1.3 Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators associated with application attacks
- 1.4 Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators associated with network attacks
- 1.5 Explain different threat actors, vectors, and intelligence sources
- 1.6 Explain the security concerns associated with various types of vulnerabilities
- 1.7 Summarize the techniques used in security assessments
- 1.8 Explain the techniques used in penetration testing
Domain 2: Architecture and Design
Review network components, software tools, common security issues, security technologies, and secure mobile device deployment.
- 2.1 Explain the importance of security concepts in an enterprise environment
- 2.2 Summarize virtualization and cloud computing concepts
- 2.3 Summarize secure application development, deployment, and automation concepts
- 2.4 Summarize authentication and authorization design concepts
- 2.5 Given a scenario, implement cybersecurity resilience
- 2.6 Explain the security implications of embedded and specialized systems
- 2.7 Explain the importance of physical security controls
- 2.8 Summarize the basics of cryptographic concepts
Domain 3: Implementation
Review framework guides and layered security, secure network architecture concepts, systems design, cloud & virtualization concepts, and physical security controls.
- 3.1 Given a scenario, implement secure protocols
- 3.2 Given a scenario, implement host or application security solutions
- 3.3 Given a scenario, implement secure network designs
- 3.4 Given a scenario, install and configure wireless security settings
- 3.5 Given a scenario, implement secure mobile solutions
- 3.6 Given a scenario, apply cybersecurity solutions to the cloud
- 3.7 Given a scenario, implement identity and account management controls
- 3.8 Given a scenario, implement authentication and authorization solutions
- 3.9 Given a scenario, implement public key infrastructure
Domain 4: Operations and Incident Response
Overview of IAM concepts, services, controls, and practices.
- 4.1 Given a scenario, use the appropriate tool to assess organizational security
- 4.2 Summarize the importance of policies, processes, and procedures for incident response
- 4.3 Given an incident, utilize appropriate data sources to support an investigation
- 4.4 Given an incident, apply mitigation techniques or controls to secure an environment
- 4.5 Explain the key aspects of digital forensics
Domain 5: Governance, Risk, and Compliance
Understand different policies plans and procedures, business impact analysis concepts, basic concepts on forensics, disaster recovery, and types of controls.
- 5.1 Compare and contrast various types of controls
- 5.2 Explain the importance of applicable regulations, standards, or frameworks that impact the organizational security posture
- 5.3 Explain the importance of policies to organizational security
- 5.4 Summarize risk management processes and concepts
- 5.5 Explain privacy and sensitive data concepts in relation to security
This course includes:
- CPE/CEUs: 50
- 100+ 10-30 minute on-demand training videos
- 500+ practice question bank
- 90 question diagnostic exam
- 90 question final exam
- 90+ knowledge check questions
- 500+ digital flashcards
- 34 cloud-based guided labs
- Performance Tracker
- Summary Notes
- Summary Videos
- Lesson Book
- CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-601 Study Guide
Readiness guarantee – We offer an exam readiness or retake guarantee on all certification courses. If an individual completes the course and does not pass the exam on the first try, they can retake our course at no additional charge for up to one full year.
Request more information on training options for your cybersecurity teams. Private classes are available.
"When I was training I found myself using CyberVista’s quiz bank a lot, plus they tested me in other ways such as the initial diagnostic exam, the midterm, and the final exam. Getting used to the wording and doing all those practice questions helped me prepare. There was also a system at CyberVista for figuring out my strengths and weaknesses – it honed in on the areas I needed to study more."
"Before CyberVista I was given an opportunity to attend a one-week boot camp. Since my employer was paying for it, I did not hesitate to take advantage of the offer. After that one-week boot camp, I came out of there with more questions than I had going in. I did not feel prepared and the training just simply wasn’t enough. CyberVista’s curriculum is an integration of live online lectures, on-demand videos, and an array of self-study tools–it was just what I needed."
"I started with a free self-study course and quickly found the accountability was missing. CyberVista’s live interactive course using the light board was a first for me and a great experience overall. It kept me accountable and engaged. The real-life experience of the instructors was evident and their ability to articulate concepts was great. The value of interacting with other students in this live environment was also a significant benefit. It’s not easy getting folks to participate, but CyberVista made it happen."